LuminaCare Solutions provides predictive-analytics platform delivered as SaaS
Tools to personalize treatments for patients to give the right drug,
at the right dose and right time.
Minerva, our clinical decision support platform, enables the physician to determine the right drug for each patient through integration of patient characteristics, drug properties and efficacy models.
The models rapidly guide the selection of appropriate antibacterial treatments for each patient within 24 hours minimizing the length of hospital stay and cost of patient care.
Using the correct antibiotic within 24 hours of infection has been demonstrated to dramatically reduce duration of hospital stay by at least 40%.
LuminaCare Solutions has a sustainable competitive advantage based on:
- Minerva platform is aligned with recent CDC and IDSA guidelines for treating and reducing the generation of resistant bacteria through misuse of antibacterial drugs
- Minerva is the only product to directly impact the patient’s hospitalization duration, reducing cost-of-care and improving patient outcomes
- our platform will guide personalized treatments with measurable and confirmable outcomes for the patient and not solely based on guidances and rules-based systems
- Ability to select appropriate treatments based on observable patient characteristics (age, sex, weight, etc), drug properties and diagnostic results and not dependent on patient-history as are current Antimicrobial Stewardship methodologies
- our proprietary analytic algorithms are not dependent on diagnostic tests used
- our proprietary analytic algorithms are not dependent on knowledge of the bacterial epidemiology of hospital or local environments.
The technology can be used in development of new antibacterial drugs and enabling point-of-care treatment of patients outside of hospital setting.
Minerva will be delivered as a cloud-based SaaS application for hospitals, that rapidly identifies (<12h) correct treatment for bacterial infections.
- CMS Never-events, defined as un-reimbursed incidents:
Cuts losses from hospital-acquired infection never-events by 40% or more
- Readmission Penalties: Reduces generation of drug-resistant bacteria
Reduce risk of readmission for pneumonia
Reduce costs of care for COPD and other patients with chronic conditions
- Brings together Infectious Disease, Clinical Pharmacology and Epidemiology into one interface for coordinated care